How to live to be 100
What are the factors of healthy lifestyle?
What should be done
in order to live 100 years?
What is right (wrong) about the lyceum pupil’s lifestyle?
The points of our lesson
To insure good health: eat lightly, breathe deeply, live
moderately and maintain an interest in life.
Listen to me and repeat the words after me.
1. lifestyle 6.to be worth doing
2. to cut down on something
3. to give up 7. to maintain
4. to be/to stay in shape 8. intake
5. to avoid 9. to relieve stress
Model: a way of living that reflects
the attitudes, values of a
person ---- 1
1.lifestyle … to stop doing something
2. to cut down on ...to reduce pressure
3.to give up … to be physically fit
4. to be/to stay in shape … to reduce the amount
5. to avoid 1 a way of living that reflects the
attitudes , values of a person
6. worth( to be worth … the amount of something ( food/drink) that is
doing something) taken into your body
7. to maintain … to keep from happening
8. intake … to keep in an existing state
9. to relieve stress … the quality that renders something useful
Match english words and phrases their definitions
1.lifestyle 2.to cut down on 3. to give up 4.
to stay in shape
5. to avoid 6. worth 7. to maintain 8. intake9. to relieve stress
Model: The gym was visited by him last year. It helped
him ____to stay in shape________.
1. Don’t worry! A massage will be done by a good specialist. It’s a wonderful way__________and ________some problems with health.
2. If the packs of cigarettes are not ___________by you, you’ll feel worse.
3.The __________ of some vitamins is required by a doctor.
4. I have already ___________smoking. Some years of life are ______________doing that.
5. To ____________ a balanced and healthy ________is a duty of every person.
Fill in the gaps with the suggested words. Put the verbs in the correct form:
Read the letter. Arrange the information into “do”, and “don’t”.
Health is above wealth. Everybody knows that, but sometimes forgets. When we are young, we don’t pay attention to some our bad habits. It’s our great mistake. Let us prompt you : what to do, what not to do:
Reduce calories and cut down on sweets, cakes and chocolate.
Stay at home.
Go to bed late.
Follow a balanced diet.
Give up smoking – every cigarette shortens your life.
Get stressed. When you feel that your stress level is rising, take a break.
Learn to relax.
Eat between meals: it’s the fastest way to put on weight.
Lead an active lifestyle.
Be a fitness fanatic.
How do you feel?
What do you do to keep
Have you ever smoked?
What is right in your lifestyle?
What is wrong?
In my opinion teenagers smoke a lot.
To my mind we always try to stay in shape.
1. Write a letter to the expert, describing
2. Ex. 3, p. 113